This is the first post. I have decided to create a Leadership Portfolio using a blog. The first entry is my professional grown plan. I will use this blog as a working document to track my progress.
As soon as I figure out how..... Ha ha...
Professional Growth Plan
Michelle Murphy 2016-17
Goal 1 – School Goal: to develop further competency in creating opportunities for students to demonstrate their learning through inquiry based learning with a focus on Career Pathways, STEAM and Makerspace.
Identify: (determine the goal’s relationship to the TQS as well as a time line)
By June 30, I plan to have developed several inquiry based assignments and assessments to use in my classroom as well as to mentor the Grandview staff to implement and develop assignments and learning opportunities that are geared toward students discovering and gaining insight into Career Pathways and their own aptitudes and competencies.
|
Action Plan/Strategies: (what activities will we/I undertake to reach the goal?)
Professional development opportunities through the district and beyond including but not exclusive to Makerspace, Myblueprint, Career Pathways
Collaborative lesson/assignment development with the junior high teachers
Collaborative planning with Elementary teachers to build opportunities for creating lessons for those students
Creating a partnership with catchment schools especially Scona
Research to begin - using others ideas and research to aid in creation
|
Indicators/Measures: (what will success look like? What evidence will we/I collect?)
Success will be to have at least 3 projects attempted at Grandview - One full school, one in my classroom and one with the junior high students.
I will gather anecdotal evidence from teachers at the school
|
Reflection: (to be completed after one/one meetings and at end of timeline)
|
|
Goal 2 – Catchment Goal: identify components of an effective assessment plan
Identify:
I will be working toward the catchment goal of being able to identify the components of an effective assessment plan and establish a grade/subject cohort for the purpose of collaboration.
By June 30, I will have created an assessment plan which includes triangulated evidence of student learning.
|
Action Plan/Strategies:
The district catchment PD sessions have begun this work
I am learning Idoceo and attempting to reflect student learning through Observations, Conversations and Products
I will create opportunities for students to reflect on the process of their learning as well as the products of their learning
I have met the teachers at Avalon and McKernan and have begun sharing and discussions with them.
|
Indicators/Measures:
there will be anecdotal evidence as well as my grade book to demonstrate that iI am achieving this goal
I plan also to survey students and ask for their input
Anecdotal evidence will be collected from others on staff and in the catchment
|
Reflection:
|
|
Goal 3 – Personal/Professional Goal(s): to expand my leadership capacity by focusing on these two leadership competencies: building relationships with my new staff and mentoring and coaching for success.
Identify:
Although these two goals are difficult to measure empirically I will likely be able to measure how I feel I am doing with these two goals.
By June 30, I will feel more comfortable with my new staff and will have created collaborative teams to work toward collaborative planning.
|
Action Plan/Strategies:
I will work on building relationships with the staff each day as we work together and discuss student success
I will continue to use opportunities to mentor staff through conversations, modeling and collaboration
I will invite staff to collaborate and join teams or groups
I will take opportunities to get to know staff outside of school through staff social events (this one will be fun!!)
|
Indicators/Measures:
I will use the reflection and self-assessment tools in the Leadership Development Framework to evaluate my progress
I will also create a leadership portfolio that will contain evidence of my progress - this will be in the form of a blog initially.
|
Reflection:
|
|